Further musings on my RTW


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Stretford
February 18th 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Russian HolsRussian HolsRussian Hols

Maxim,Larisa,Me and Anna
I had originally thought i would like to Africa.......but decided it was a continent to far in the time and money etc that i have.....so i think Africa will be another adventure for the future.

So i had originally planned a 6 month trip and then 12 months and now im traveling for 12 months and then working in New Zealand for 18 months if the are no issues with the Working Holiday Visa.

So if plans work out i will be away from blighty for at least two years.......although if i can earn enough in NZ i may visit a few places on the way back to the UK...so i maybe away a little bit longer........but as per any trip i will see how it unfolds.

The plan so far is to purchase the Oneworld RTW ticket.........if researched the others and this ticket seems to be the best bet..........although i wish these tickets lasted longer than 12 months...but hey i cant change a whole industry...........lol

I have been ducking and diving through the lonely planet forum.....otherwise known as the thorn tree and it has been quite helpful😊

Current plan is to do a few days in New York..........i fancy new year in time square and then visit my sister,brother in law and nephew up in Vancouver and then hot foot it around the US to the following places LA,Las Vegas,San Francisco,Grand Canyon,Yellowstone Washington DC and New Orleans and possibly Florida if i have time to............

Onwards to Mexico city and Honduras and Costa Rica and back to the US for a flight to Santiago see some of Chile and then Ecuador,Peru,Brazil.....possibly Paraguy and Columbia?..a few days in Argentina and back to Santiago to fly on to the Cook Islands.........

Over to Auckland for a week or so to start my visa.......as i will come back to NZ later and then fly up to Sydney and so working and sight seeing in OZ for just over a month and then onto Asia.

In Asia i want to visit China,Lao,Cambodia,Vietnam and Thailand of course😊,On to India and India,Nepal and possibly Butan........while in India my ticket will run out and i will overland back through Myanmar and a cheap one way flight from Bangkok(BKK) back to NZ to start up 18 months of working and traveling through NZ and at the end of the 18 months depending on funds..........perhaps more traveling or a further tourist visa for NZ or a one way ticket back to the UK.

It quite an ambitious plan and im sure certain areas will be dropped and some will be added as i learn more and meet people on my journey.

I cant wait to go and wish i could go now, but the time will help me to get everything in place😊

Well i will sign off for now

Mike

Advertisement



4th March 2007

Awesome
Simply Awesome !! keep updating your blogs, to those of us who cant go on a RTW !

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb