The Tower of London


Advertisement
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Victoria
October 6th 2018
Published: October 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Note from last night: After we got our luggage delivered and got our room organized we realized that we needed to get a little something to eat, but didn’t want very much. (We are going to have to have a “come to Jesus” meeting about food when we get home. Just Saying...) Now for a heartfelt Mea Culpa and apology to my dear brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Frank and Zola. I gave them all ki... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




6th October 2018

London Fun
We ate the Red Lion Pub near Westminster station for lunch. The restaurant was in the basement, and it was really good. So try and find it.
6th October 2018

Our Memorable Walk in London
We had many great walks in London last year (such as Westminster Abbey at night, or Buckingham Place to our hotel by the London Eye on a fall afternoon with the leaves falling). But our favorite was Covent Gardens to Leiscester Square (M&M World store!) to Piccadilly Circus (had dinner there) to Trafalgar Square to Big Ben to our hotel. This is what Kim was referring to on Facebook.
6th October 2018

The place to go for a tea you will never forget
If you have time, duck into afternoon tea at the Brown Hotel. We stayed there once, their afternoon high tea is world famous. Here's the link for you. https://www.roccofortehotels.com/hotels-and-resorts/browns-hotel/restaurants-and-bars/english-tea-room/ It is one of London's oldest hotels.
6th October 2018

Fabulous
I am getting excited for our trip to London next year. Thanks for taking such great pitures looking forward to all the next pictures tell me all about the eye if you go to that.
8th October 2018

Don't apologize for eating McDonald's!
We all need some comfort food that reminds us of home from time time! I've even eaten McDonald's on my way to photograph leopards in Jaipur, India (though, as cows are sacred there, it was a chicken burger). As for 'afternoon tea', it's become a bit of a ritual here in the UK - my wife and I enjoy these over-priced concoctions on special occasions as frequently as our pensions will allow.
10th October 2018

McDonalds...
I usually eat at McDonalds once on my overseas trips to check on the price of a Big Mac which is used by the Economist magazine to determine purchasing power parity between countries. I also like to see what differences in the menus of each country...part of the cultural experience!

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb