London - Our day with Aunty Rhonda


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Mile End
May 28th 2011
Published: June 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

London was set to be another busy week with trying to jam all the sights into one week on top of the shopping of corse. Our first full day there was the Saturday which Sophia and I spent with Rhonda while mum and dad went to the Chelsea flower show. We started the day going to a city farm near Rhonda's house where one of her friends worked. There we saw heaps of farm animals and even got to hold some cute baby rabbits. It was unusual there being a farm right in the middle of London. They are put there for all the school kids who may not have seen any of those animals before.

Next up we had to go and do the grocery shopping where Rhonda brought us heaps of chocolate. From there we went to All Stars bowling lane. Surprisingly there were only about six lanes so it was lucky we didn't have to wait. Next to the bowling lanes there was a bar so while there you could have some drinks and some bar food. At the front of the building there was also a restaurant where you could eat before or after bowling. Our bowling wasn't to good to start off with as most the balls kept going in the gutter. It slowly got better and we started getting some strikes. I ended up winning that game with Rhonda coming second and Sophia last.

After All Stars bowling we headed back home, put the groceries away and had lunch. We then decided to go get a fish pedicure which I didn't end up doing. We found a place that would do it in this sort of small outside shopping centre. It lasted for 15 minutes but Sophia spent most her time with her feet out of the water explaining that it tickles to much. We then had a quick look around the shops. We found a roof top area six floors above the shops that had a good view of London as well as Saint Paul's which would have only been a few blocks away. Unfortunately it had started to rain so we weren't up there for to long. For tea we just brought some pre-cooked meals as we couldn't be bothered going out for tea and Rhonda had booked somewhere for mum and dad to go so it was only the three of us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb