South American getaway


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Marylebone
February 16th 2012
Published: February 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

LondonLondonLondon

Simon Bolivar. a lucky omen.
So final farewells in London with pals Brian, Tim and his cousin Kate at the Gunmakers, Marylebone last night. (London Glory and a cheeky little Cianti)
One last pint or two today (16th) with friend Lorna Pearce at the Churchill Arms, Notting Hill (fullers london pride) and then to the airport.
Met a lovely American guy Andy from Texas on train. He had had a few too many at lunch and was zonked out snoring a goodun with his feet up.
Chatted some.
Hope he stays awake at the airport for his flight home.
Heading for the bar accosted by young girl with sample of grey goose vodka. “Why not?“ I thought. Wandering around dury free also sampled a 15yr old Drambuie. three types of Tequilla, Havana Club, chocolates and finally free spray of Hugo Boss. Suffice to say did'nt bother with the bar and should sleep on my first leg to Madrid as a little pissed. For the record the 15yr old Drambuie was the best).
Top travellers tip though.. Forget the bar and go for the freebies.
So walking around London I past a house in Duke St W1 in which Simon Bolivar, the Liberator of most of Aouth America lived. (except Chile- that was a man of irish decent called Bernado O'higgins). A good omen I thought. Proved right as whilst many Iberia flights to S.Am cancelled due to the pilot strike tomorrow ( to the utter frustration of one lady traveller)), my flight to Santiago would appear to be on.
Next stop Santiago......
love retirement. Loving your work.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb