The palace for morning tea!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
August 20th 2006
Published: September 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well the queen has been handing out invitations to tea, an offer I just couldn't refuse- so off we went; in our best clothes of course 😊
The Palace isn't open to the public very often and only for about a month each year.. It was truly amazing inside.. You weren't allowed to take any phots of the inside so sorry guys.. When we'd finished the guided tour it we got to look round the queens backyard and as you can see by the photos its pretty awesome!!! The palace itself is also very cool.. The roof is lined with gold and these really intricate patterns. Theres secret doorways and passages everywhere too so the queen doesn't have to walk all the way round. There's even a massive theatre inside the palace because Queen Victoria liked to be entertained.. We also got to go and see all the royal carriages and horses so that was pretty awesome. I spent the whole day looking out for Prince Will so I could bedazzle him and become the new Princess Mary-but no such luck..
I got myself a lovely T-Shirt in the Buckingham Palace shop too( bright pink, my favourite)
We were a bit annoyed at the queen though as we got up early to be at the palace by 10 to see the changing of the guards but they decided not to do it today for some reason( this would of been fine but we had had a big night the night before so were slightly under the weather!!)
Well thats about it and my next entry will be from Paris so talk soon
Love Nese



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb