B4 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
October 10th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: "What does diversity look like in this country? What different races are prominent in this country?"



Article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4266102.stm & http://www.statistics.gov.uk/hub/cross-cutting-topics/equality-and-diversity/index.html



In this article, I learned that the country of England is very diverse. Over time, many people have migrated to England and settled there, which is why there has been such a visible range of people. While most would view diversity as being different races and/or ethnic background, there is much more to diversity in England than thought to be. Some factors include, but not limited to: gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, religion, national origin, education, and skill characterization. There are more factors that would probably be considered, but these are widely popular and well known to many. Due to these factors, the range of diversity in England continues to broaden.

From the article, it's reasonable to conclude that over time, the range of diversity in England has expanded greatly. With the increasing number of people migrating to England, it's only logical that the amount of diversity grows along with population. As the range of diversity expands, so does the definition of diversity. Instead of seeing diversity as just someone's race or ethnicity, there have been many more factors incorporated into the meaning. As England continues to flourish and thrive, the factors considered to make up diversity will most likely expand also.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb