2nd nite in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
August 25th 2011
Published: August 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Missed a day - travelling from Paris to London. We did manage to go to Musee d'Orsay inthe morning on Wed. Very cool to seeing origina Monets, Manet, Van Goghs and other greats. Jon and Sophie were upset because they did not see a mime while in Paris. Correction - we did se a "mi". He was getting dressed and putting on his mime makeup on a Paris bridge so not a full mime yet.

Chunnel ride was quicker it seemed, maybe because we were all excited to be going to London ... and because we had train seats that were facing each other and spent the ride playing pictionary.

Got into London around 3:30p and checked in. Robb and I have a quaint (aka small room). Robb stubbed his toe on the bed walking in. He can pee from the bed! Our luggages is in the hall! (kidding but it's pretty darn close to the truth).

The kids have a corner suite!!!!!!!!!! Their room is bigger than our living room at home. Cooler and better furnished too. Go figure. The people who are paying get squashed into a closet and the kids, get a mansion.

Took a walk to Piccadilly Circus. Did you know that there is no circus there? Very disappointing. Lots of clowns though and strange dancing dudes but no elephants and juggling bears 😞

Walked around trying to find an authentic english pub for dinner. Found ethiopian, lebanese, chinese, vietnamese, japanese, thai massage (robb!), subway, mcdonalds, indian, kfc and settled on an Irish pub where we were relegated to the third floor as the 1st and 2nd floors are for normal people. Seriously, we were the only ones on the 3rd floor. We kept switching tables to make it look fuller. Tried to confuse the waiter but she always found us!

Today, we hopped on the Big Red Bus tour and went into Tower of London. Raining in the morning 😞 but sun eventually came out after lunch. The Tower is a very awesome 1000 year old structure. Ann kept touching the walls. It was kind of weird. Cate and Sophie, when they found out the age of the building, questioned the structural soundness of it and hesitated to go in.

We took a Thames Riverboat cruise to the London Eye and Big Ben. Planning to go up there tomorrow. Ate some more fish and chips (and pizza) and had more beer of course.

On the bus ride back, Robb saw the pub that he and Len went to back in the '80s, The Silver Cross at Trafalgar Square.
(P.S. Don & Elke, we found the Bag O Nails pub that you went to a couple years ago)

So far, loving England!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



26th August 2011

Hello, Guvner'
I say, the weather looks sooo British. Look forward to the daily report every morning. Keep em' coming.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb