Chilly London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
January 23rd 2006
Published: March 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arrived into London Gatwick in the evening and made our way to the Sofitel Hotel which is in a great location right in the terminal. I was pretty tired but hungry so another crew member and i walked to the terminal in search of food. Most of the shops had closed by now but we thought we had struck gold when we found a nice little bar with comfy couches, only to find out the kitchen had already closed. We decided we'd may as well stay and have a few pints! By the time we decided to call it a night we were both starving and thankfully we happened to bump into the one place i could depend on - McDonalds!

Next morning, made my way into the city on the gatwick express train and went to Covent Garden. This trip i was on a mission....to find burton snowboarding gear, jackets and pants etc that i couldn't get hold of in Dubai. I had a list of shops in various locations within central london. First stop went to Snow and Rock then on to TSA, neither of which had much in what i was after, did manage to pick up a few cool beanies though. From there walked around to Snow and Rock in Holborn, but again didn't find what i was looking for.

I had arranged to meet one of my best friends Janie on her lunch break so made my way to St Pauls Cathedral to meet her. St Pauls is a lot bigger than i expected and it was so funny as we were both on the phone trying to figure out exactly where the other was but we must of been walking around in circles. I told her to meet me at the towering statue of a gold man, turns out there was another one on the other side where she was. It was great to see her again. The weather was really cold but luckily Janie knew of a really cool little pub which had a warm fireplace inside. We had a really nice lunch and spent an hour catching up on all the goss. Unfortunately she had to go back to work, so i headed back to the underground and caught a train to Chiswick Park. Finally found my way to a shop called Boardwise, but again they didn't have anything i was after, but of course still managed to buy a couple of things. Made my way back into town in time to get the Gatwick express train back to the terminal to my hotel.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb