London Town....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
July 29th 2009
Published: August 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jase took me for a long walk around Greenwich, very beautiful suburb. Walked through the park up to the Greenwich Observatory where Greenwich Mean Time exists. Got back to our cottage & got ready to have a full day of sight seeing in London. Tool the river boat called Merica up on the River Thames, went past some very historical buildings, pubs & land marks which dated back centuries.

Came up alongside the Tower Brigdge leading to the Tower of London, walked around the outside of the moats where 100's of people were taking in the tour. We purchased tickets on the Original Tour Bus for the day, this took us to Trafalgar Square....beautiful statues & fountains, great place. Managed to climb up on this huge statue of a lion, hurt myself in the process, have the biggest bruise on my knee but it was worth it. Becc took some great photos so hope fully I will be able to share these with you all. Next stop walked up to the Buckingham Palace where the Queen resides....what a building, more photos & a walk around the grounds. Next stop Harrods Department Store, what a place. Went straight tot the gift shop & brought lots & lots of little gifts for everyone back home, especially the girls. Went to go to the little girls room & walked passed a Champagne Bar.....quickly went & came back to sip a nice cold glass of the Vevre, what luxury in a department store....stayed for a while to rest up before we head back to Greenwich. Now had to get back to Greenwich, getting late in the afternoon, caught a bus, then a taxi & then a river boat which was meant to only take 30 minutes but it just went on forever it seemed. Had spent around 9 hous looking around London, very tired & my feet were sore by now. Jase went to get Burgers & Beer for tea while we walked back to the cottage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



3rd August 2009

MP, All sounds very good. You will have seen the best of the UK by the time you have finished. Struggling to see you swilling Champers in Harrods for too long. I am sure you would be more at home in a Club dancing your toes off. I do envy you guys that can actually dance. Not one of my better skills. Look fwd to catching up with you when you retuyrn to see some more pictures. Cheers, Kym

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb