Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Bath


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
April 12th 2007
Published: April 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today's tour went really well, but it was extremely rushed. Plus, the guide was extremely political with the tour consisting of mostly Americans.
Our first stop was Windsor Castle, which was extremely interesting. Unfortunately we only had an hour and a half, but like with Edinburgh castle, you really need 3-4 hours to thoroughly go through it all. We also saw only about 1/2 of the changing of the guard ceremony, something I would like to have stayed for.
Next we headed to the Stonehenge Inn for lunch. It was a very nice little pub near stonehenge, hence the name obviously. I had chicken pie, similar to chicken pot pie, and it was okay... The highlight of the tour was Stonehenge. The entire grounds was extremely fascinating, with burial mounds and the stones themselves. Minus the fact that it's all surrounded by fences and tourists, it was a lot of fun; but again, we were extremely rushed around the entire complex. Luckily I got lots of good photos.
We then headed to the more touristy city of Bath. There was definitely a lot of pretty countryside surrounding the valley in which Bath is situated. But its far too tourist oriented, with stores everywhere. We toured the Bath Cathedral and the Roman Baths, but rushed as usual.
I definitely I had a lot of fun today, minus the rushing tours and the long, dull ride back to London.


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Windsor CastleWindsor Castle
Windsor Castle

St. George's Chapel
Windsor CastleWindsor Castle
Windsor Castle

St. George's Chapel
Windsor CastleWindsor Castle
Windsor Castle

Changing of the guard
Windsor CastleWindsor Castle
Windsor Castle

Changing of the guard
Windsor CastleWindsor Castle
Windsor Castle

Changing of the guard
Windsor CastleWindsor Castle
Windsor Castle

Changing of the guard. Old guard in red, new guard in black.
Windsor CastleWindsor Castle
Windsor Castle

The new guard being marched off for training
StonehengeStonehenge
Stonehenge

I had chicken pie here


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb