Day Three- Shopping & Shows


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Highgate
June 28th 2018
Published: June 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Had a big shopping day today! By big I mean we went into many, many stores but didn’t actually end up buying much. I’m a bit hesitant to buy anything that I could find in Australia, considering it would probably be a lot cheaper back home.

We left the house at 9am and headed straight to Regent Street once we got off the tube. Immediately we found an adorable tea shop, with the most incredible flavours. Their hot chocolate section was super interesting, with flavours like “Blueberry Cheesecake White Hot Chocolate” and “Key Lime Pie Hot Chocolate”. Trudi ended up getting a Mumbai Spice white hot choc powder and I walked away with just a plain white hot choc power. We stopped into Zara (where I did actually buy a top), Anthropologie, Liberty, Boots, Urban Outfitters, and a few more that aren’t as interesting (as we have them overseas). Trudi’s aunt and uncle told us about a place called Said Cafe, an adorable little chocolat-erie near Regent street, so we popped in there for lunch. The hot chocolate was, I’m 99.99% sure, just pure melted chocolate, it was so rich and delicious.

After lunch we made our way over to West End to see the Book of Mormon, a musical poking fun at the Mormon church. It was so blasphemous and crude but absolutely hilarious, one of the best musicals I’ve ever seen.

The show finished at around 5pm so Trude and I thought we had time for one more store- Selfridges. Selfridges is my new favourite place on earth, the sheer size and capacity of the building reeled me in, not to mention the fashion and the food!

We arrived home at around 7pm, making today a very very long day. We had some ciders and traditional English crisps (Squares, Quavers, Skips, Monster Munch etc) before randomly playing a game of Chocolate or Dare (like truth or dare), using some pretty gross tasting Ukrainian chocolates. Some of my dares consisted of drinking a quarter cup of lemon juice, and eating a teaspoon of Marmite. It did not sit well with me.

Tomorrow we’re off to the Camden Markets and hopefully going out to Notting Hill as well, but for now it’s time for sleep!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb