Our new home....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Hammersmith
October 1st 2006
Published: November 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After two weeks away in Europe with Mum and Liani visiting her family in South Africa, and one week in a small below ground studio in Wilsden Green, we finally moved in to our new flat in Hammersmith!

Initially when I first saw this place I wasn't at all taken by it. There was way too much green carpet for my liking and I thought it felt small. Ummm, dont really know who that person was, because I now love our flat!

The day we moved in the removalists bought all our boxes and Luke and Carmel arrived from their two month European trip on their way the next day back home to Aus! It was quiet hectic to say the least. We unpacked as much as we could and enjoyed our last family meal before Luke and Carmel left.

For the next week we continued to move our stuff and go to work, while Mum checked out a few last sights of London. She managed to get herself to St Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge and Portobello Road!

Mum was due to fly home on Sunday the 8th October - she had been away from Vincie and the valley for nearly 10 weeks! Needless to say I had become quiet accustomed to having her around and I was extremely emotional saying goodbye at the airport.

Since then, Liani and I have been getting used to and enjoying some time to ourselves. Our flat is awesome and we both are now much closer to our respective workplaces and loads of other things are within walking distance.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb