Botswana Wild Days 1-4, Sep 28-Oct 2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Camden Town
October 2nd 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

First off, we're still not in Botswana yet. We've been enjoying the beautiful fall weather in London since arriving Wednesday morning, and visiting with the newlyweds. So glad we did this before going on the next long leg of the trip. It's an 11-hour flight to Johannesburg from here, and then another 2-hour flight to Maun, Botswana. Time zone just one hour ahead of London, but still a very long trip.

Because they live in Camden, our daughter and son-in-law are near some of the most interesting parts of London. This is a walking city - at least we think so. So Wednesday Leanne took us for a walk along the canal to Camden Market and then on to Regent's Park. Camden Market is quite an interesting place and we were sorry not to experience it on a Saturday when things are really hopping, but it was nice to see it anyway. Easier picture taking.

Yesterday, we went back for a longer look and wandered some of the streets a bit more. There was plenty to see in the people-watching department. Lots of tattoo and piercing shops with human models out front - great advertising. Lots of goth and Lolita clothing shops and other shops selling all things metal & leather for one to wear. All very eye catching, to be sure. Filtering through the tourists, there were plenty of local characters to keep us entertained. Kayla will try to master iPhoto on the Mac and upload some pictures.

Stopped at Sainsbury's on the way home to pick up dinner ingredients. Kayla bought some tiny green beans that looked incredibly good. Just the right size to be tender. It was only later that she discovered they were from Kenya! Oh well, guess you can't buy local all the time. They tasted as good as they looked. Pork chops on the barbie, sauced and cooked to perfection by Brad. Salad & butternut squash. A yummy home-cooked dinner, topped off by Brad's Mom's home-baked cookies.

So with lazing around, catching up on sleep & walking about, we are ready today for the next part of the journey. Maun, here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



2nd October 2009

Thinking of you
Loved the photos of the roses - I could almost inhale their scent! How wonderful to spend time with family before THE BIG ADVENTURE. Get lots of rest before the flight and enjoy each moment! We'll be anticipating more posts! We have a friend here from England and are doing a little sightseeing today!
4th October 2009

Thanks
Hi Thanks for sending me your blog. Enjoyed the pictures and seeing the area where they live. Looking forward to following your adventures. Take Care. Fondly, Charley Ann

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb