First weel


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Camden Town
July 24th 2009
Published: July 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Leaving New Zealand was one of the scariest, biggest things i have ever done. I don’t think the reality of it really hit until i was on the plane. Before that it was just excitement.

I was scarred, afraid excited, alone in its entirety. I started to cry for what i had left behind and for what was about to come.
After ten hours of Movies, Lots of music even more food, Views across Austrailas dry land and an island that look like it was floating in the clouds, i had arrived to singapoore. Tired, and sore i new i still had to face yet another flight only this one longer and was destination bound.

Lucky for me i managed to get front eccomany seats so had a bit of room, and went to sleep, as we got closer and closer to London my excitement grew, OMG im going to London.
Nothing could have prepared me for London, i had done millions of research looked up meny photos but the vibe i gusse cant really be explained.

I checked my bags in and went walking, i played a simple left right game it was 8am and nothing but coffee shops were open i had no idea where i was going nor did i care. Everything was soo new - to me that is - the buildings well that story tells its self in photos. As it happened i ended up in leaster square and picadilly circus, then kept walking until i found the the Westminster Abby house the big ben and the London EYE. By the time all that walk was done i went to the tube station and jumped on tube back to russel square.
The next day (Friday) i played the left right game again - only in the other direction, when everyone said London had markets - boy do London have market s- Everywhere. I ended up in the very lovely, bright, gothic, place of Camden. Spending far to much money on more things i didn’t need (but some very cool clothes) i left Camden overwhelmed and cant wait to go back with more money. Friday still jet lagged- went to bed early.

Saturday i was in the chill out room and i met a girl called Helen, she was also from Auckland, so we headed to the British Museum, didn’t spend to much time there as the exhits i did see there didn’t excite me to much Helen wanted to do the Big Red Bus Tour the next day - as did i, (ill come to that in a min) Saturday night i was unsure of what to do bored, i went into the hostel room and two girls in there mentioned they were going on a Pub Crawl, So ready i got and pub crawling we went.

People go out so early in London - all the bars we were at were busy and the pub crawl started at 7.30 one place i think it was called the road house - had a sign in fluro light saying DRUGS, and served fish bowl sized drinks - of course we got one how can you not. The last place we went to was called the zoo and i know why, The boys just mulled over you - ass touching grabbing, wont take no for answer, so left pretty swiftly got the last tube back to the hostel and kept drinking there.

Sunday Och my head hurts i have to go a big red bus tour, i need food. So we sat on the tour big red bus and typical London - it started to rain so down stairs we ran, you couldn’t seen anything from down stairs, but lucky us it was just that a London shower, So we got off at the eye and waited in the line and waited in the line, then finally it was our turn to be in the eye. I wasn’t happy to walk around the eye so i sat but the view was well worth being scarred, It just showed how old London really is it looks the same but ever so enchanting. After we did the eye we jumped back onto the buss we were the only ones on it and the sun was out again so we had our own tour guide, we went past st Pauls, over the London bridge next to the London tower.

Mikee and Kristin came over !!!! so we drank our self’s very silly in the hostel bar, and reality sets in,
Being a tourist in London is great ! - But working and living in London would make it so much more fun. So the job hunt has began. Im going to redo my CV again for call centre work , as insurance work for someone who isn’t experienced in the UK market is a little few far and between, for now i want to live in London so will do anything,
The good news though is i have a place i can now call home. So all i need is a job :P
And i have and excuse to go by some bedroom stuff (yes i know im on a budget)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb