Almost home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Bayswater
August 1st 2006
Published: August 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well the last few days have been great, we have been up to the highlands of Scotland, off to both coasts and if that wasn't enough we are now in London for the night to fly home tomorrow!! We found a great two day tour that took us up in to the highlands of Scotland, there were only 6 of us and the tour guide so we had some what of a personal tour of the highlands. Everyone was great and we all found something in common with each other. Robyn even found a fellow OT (Occupational Therapist)! What are the chances?? The tour guide was great and made the whole tour fun. We even got to go for a bit of a walk and did a few things that a normal tour wouldn't normaly do. Getting back to Edinburgh we went back to our hostel and picked up our bags, they allowed us to leave our baggage there for the two days we were gone, and headed to the train station to get to Glasgow. The train was easy and cheap. Finding the hotel in Glasgow was easy as well. It took us no time to get there and get settled. Yesterday we just had an easy time of wondering arround and chillin and of course shopping. A great place. today we had a taxi waiting for us at the front door of the hostel at 6:30 so that we could catch a train to the airport and get there in time. The baggage needed a bit of fine tuing but we got through the airport just fine. Doh!! time is up. I will finish this later. See you all soon.
Love Dan and Robyn

Here is the rest. The flight was good mainly due to the fact that we didn't have to pay much money on overage costs and we also got the emergency seating again so I had leg room. During the flight we found out that the we could buy the ticket for getting in to London on the train on the flight so we did. Landing was fine, the first sight of the airport was that it was very new. There was only one luggage carrasol and so it took a while to get it. Catching the train in to London was easy, it was waiting for us at the station. Now all we had to do was figure out what tube to catch, the circle line it turned out to be. Finding the hostel couldn't have been easier, seeing as how we had already been there once before. We found that the place had been cleaned up since we were last there. This time we were placed right at the top of the hostel. There was no one ubove us at all..... it was crazy going up all those stairs.... I think that Robyn worked it out that if we went up these stairs about 11 times then we will have climed to the second observation deck of the Eiffel tower!! I think that we did that and then some...... Well the rest is in the next blog so I won't repeat my self so hope that every one is well and talk to you all soon.
Love Dan and Robyn

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb