In London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Bayswater
August 17th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Came up from Brighton today on the train. Beautiful day - weather is picking up a bit. Deb and Dom arrived yesterday and met me on the Brighton Pier. They are so brown from their week in Croatia. They loved it - may have to add that to my "to do list" , along with Tunisia. Have met a lot of people who have been there and had a great time.
We wandered around Brighton before going back to the pub where we stayed and had a rest before going to the 40th birthday party we were here for. Good night - 60's theme so lots of dancing and boozing.
Left Brighton at 12 and headed to London. Booked in to Hotel and have just wandered around Kensington Gardens and Kensington Palace. Grounds of the garden are great. Lots of people having picnics and relaxing. Royal Albert Hall and the Memorial to him that Victoria built is amazing! Such opulence!
Tomorrow going to the O2 exhibition centre to see the Tutankhamen exhibition on loan from Cairo!! Going to Egypt and have to see it in London!!

Touch base in a day or so. Having a good time and enjoying my time..


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb