Chillin' at the Big Chill


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Gloucestershire
August 4th 2006
Published: September 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in London on 3 August and nearly immediately headed to a three day music festival called 'The Big Chill' in the grounds of Eastnor Castle.

Went with a group of Adam’s friends - mostly New Zealanders - see photo of the crew below. As it turned out, other friends of mine from Sydney were also there - and although mobile reception was patchy at best, I managed to find them by running into one of them walking along a path around the campsites!!!

While there is a range of music - from the Ukulele Band of Great Britain (popular songs played only on ukuleles) to blues - the music was mainly towards the dance music end of the genre.

It was my first camping festival - and I must admit to being a bit concerned about the experience - the ability to shower, the port-a-loos, the proximity of tents to one another and so on. In fact, it was a much more comfortable experience than expected. Once I worked out the loo cleaning schedule, I managed to avoid feralness in that regard, the campsite area was surprisingly quiet and while the queues for the showers were massive at certain times of the day, even that was not too bad. Fortunately, though rain was forecast, there were only a few sprinkles which was great as I have not yet invested in ‘festival wellies’ which come in all colours and designs in the UK. I think I will have to invest in a pair at some point though.

A highlight was the unexpected appearance of Arrested Development (a late fill-in band) - I love everyday people. Had an awesome time - although perhaps not the best thing for getting over the jet lag!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 21; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb