Off we go again ...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Gloucestershire » Gloucester
September 3rd 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.8667, -2.24867

Catch the 09:50 coach to Heathrow arriving pretty well on time at 12:25. We are due for a 25 mins wait for our connection to Terminal 5 but luckily another coach is heading that way immediately and will take us. By 12:45 we are there.
We take the lift up to the check-in floor and discover there are no queues so before 13:00 we have got rid of our big cases and have our boarding cards at the ready.
We sit and eat lunch then make our way through the security checks and into the main departure lounge. We have to wait a while to see which of the Terminal 5 buildings our flight actually leaves from and see if we need to take the train to another place or not. We take a seat overlooking the airfield and sit back to wait.
Once the gate is announced I see that not only is it in the building where we currently are but is right next to where we are sat. We pass through gate checks and sit to wait again. We are due to take off at 15:40 but as time ticks by it soon becomes obvious we are going to be late. The flight waiting at the next gate to go to Rome gets an announcement that they will be late due to the flight crew being taken to the wrong aircraft and I wonder what our problem will be. Then it is announced that 'someone' was late taking our aircraft to its stand ? Not a good start.
We finally start to move through the gate but as I present my boarding card the machine makes a strange noise and I suspect further difficulties. No problems this time though. As the flight was very full we are being upgraded !! Take a bus for what seems like miles to our aircraft waiting out on the airfield and find that we have a seat right at the front and it is certainly more spacious and comfy and although it wont get us there any quicker !!
We take off about an hour late and after a fairly decent meal try to get some sleep to pass the time. Jai had a quick nap around Cirencester but has surprisingly been awake ever since so soon drops off. I am not so forrtunate.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb