Airborne again ...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Gloucestershire » Gloucester
March 21st 2017
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.8667, -2.24867

Set alarm for 05:30 but we are both awake before then. I pop to 7/11 for coffees to accompany our croissants as we finalise our packing arrangements.Check-out about 06:30 and take a taxi to Suvarnabhumi. There had been an accident on the superhighway and traffic was moving slowly but at least it was still moving. We are still at the airport not much after 07:00 before our check-in desks have been announced. We settle down near the BA area and wait for the check-in to open.Drop off bags then go towards departure lounge. The place is full of Chinese travellers again who have little idea of queueing and manners ... they definitely need their own terminal !! Really long queues through security but once we reach immigration I dodge the crowds and pass through a Thai passport desk with Jai.Just after 09:00 we are taking a seat near our departure gate with a couple of hours to wait.Flight boards on time and is only a little late in departing.Usual comfy but boring flight and we get to London just after 17:00. Bags arrive quickly and we are soon catching a coach to transfer to Terminal 3 Central Bus Station. There is a couple of hours to go before our booked coach is due but I notice that the 18:35 coach is running late and isn't due in for another 20mins. We go to change our tickets and discover that there has been an accident on the motorway and all transport out of London is running late. I change tickets anyway and we sit to wait. It is really chilly sat at the station but as we are not sure when the coach will finally arrive we cant go into the airport buildings to warm up. It arrives just before our scheduled bus was due, although that one wont be here for another hour or so I guess. Driver does his best to make up time on the drive back and it doesn't seem that long before we are dropped off at Longlevens.Quick walk to house, heating and kettle on, then to bed with a cuppa.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb