Quick Return


Advertisement
Published: May 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

16 May 2008

Hi Folks

Ten days of fine weather has finally come to an end so I put together some highlights of the first days of this year’s journey.

The first part of my itinerary for 2008 is Gloucestershire which as I am sure you are aware is one of the largest counties in England (look at the map !!) so will probably be here for some three weeks even with fine weather. First camp site was Tetbury Church Camp Site which was a tiny field between the church and the cottage to which said field belonged. This is was is known as a Certificated Site - that is to say it is inspected annually by the CACC (Camping and Caravanning Club) but does not have the facilities found on the main sites. So expect a cold water tap, rubbish bin and a CDP (do you really need to ask ????). Obviously you are required to bring your own sanitation. I prefer these sites because they are quiet but will spend a night or two at a larger Club site so as to have a decent shower and use the laundry.

Needless to say in the first few days on the road I am getting used to a different lifestyle and working out the best way to manage the tent, travelling and so on. The best laid plans …. so anyways having decided to do without the car roof box I changed my mind after a few days which required a return journey of 350 miles to Southend to collect the thing - £50 wasted on petrol !!!!! Never thought I would see the day when it would cost £50 to fill a tank.

Take care

Steve


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb