In search of a beach...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Hastings
January 21st 2007
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Why?Why?Why?

Little sheds on the beach. Coming to a NZ beach near you. NOOOOOOO!
This is a back-dated blog telling of two recent trips we made in search of a beach this winter.

Our first ‘beach trip’ occurred in November when we took off to Brighton. Yes Brighton. Brighton was featured in the1979 classic ‘Quadrophenia’ and the place where the ‘Mods and Rockers’ threw a few chairs around back in the 1960’s.

Like everyone else who visits Brighton for the first time, we (Noogs, Sam, Anna W, Chris and I) made headlines for the pier….

Hmmmm…. The pier - an ‘interesting’ place. An ensemble of rides, food stalls and side show amusements sitting above the water on a pier. Hench the name. The pier is so tacky it was highly amusing. What we really enjoyed was the people watching. Ha ha - I could have hung out there for hours! It wasn’t completely lacking in atmosphere though… it’s just difficult to say what that atmosphere was.

The beach was … well check out the photos. Enough said.

After tucking into the ‘world famous’ fish and chips (decidedly average - we are so spoilt in NZ) we went off in search of the real Brighton. After a short walk, we found quite a nice side to Brighton. Nice cobbled streets, funky cafes and some really trendy retro shops. If we went back I think we would go there straight away!

The second trip took place more recently.

This is England. Snow is forecast for Wednesday. We have just had a massive storm that delayed flights out of Heathrow. It’s the middle of winter so we were hardly expecting swaying palm trees and coconut oil.

We (this time being Bridget, Hamilton, Chris and I) set off to see what was down in West Sussex. First stop was Chichester where we gazed at the cathedral, brought chocolate, ate pasties and Bridget got ‘staunched out’ as a shop-lifter in the local store. (The windbreaker obviously made her look dodgy.)

After all that, we set out to ‘The beach’. Words really cannot describe it. So I won’t bother. Check out the photos instead and form your own opinions!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Win a fishWin a fish
Win a fish

at Brighton Pier
Sport the tourists...Sport the tourists...
Sport the tourists...

Tacky I know. But who dosn't have one of these photos at home?
Brrrr Brrrr
Brrrr

Anna W and Noogs braving the wind at Brighton Pier.
Brrrr 2Brrrr 2
Brrrr 2

Chris and Sam braving the wind at Brighton Pier.
Quick. Just take the damn photo..Quick. Just take the damn photo..
Quick. Just take the damn photo..

Before we get blown away.


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb