Ooohhh, beach...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Brighton
June 11th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Oh, what a needed and very much appreciated break from the city!!! Well, it wasn't much for the city...I love London, but it was good to go to a seaside town, well, yeah, especially for it being a SEASIDE town!! I can't even remember the last time I had gone to the beach...

Weekend was all good! Started with a night out on Friday with the bosses! It was most excellent... out for dinner at a really cool restaurant, lots of champagne and wine, then off to a Chelsea club with heaps more of Jäger and vodka with my bosses Jackie and David and David's hilarious friend Marc.

Saturday night out locally with the German-Croatian neighbour exploring the great variety of bars and pubs of Fulham.

Sunday early morning, Victoria Station to meet my friend Craig and take the train direction: Brighton!

It's a very nice and cozy little town with some bars, heaps of Fish & Chips places and a very young crowd. Just an hour train ride away!! Will probably be going down there more often... could've just lied there the whole day! I just heard eccentric King George's palace
Brighton
is there, so might check it out next time.

It's a pebbles beach and the water was freezing, but it was very pleasant...there's heaps of towns by the beach here as we're surrounded by water, but the sandy beaches are a bit further away, so Brighton will do to keep the mind sane. It has the famous 1930s-esque Pier with slot machines and games and a little amusement park in the end, so it's quite fun.

Will owe my own photos but they're in Craig's camera...no idea if I'll ever get them as he still owes me the pics from Mando Diao's concert!!

Poor entry, I know...falling asleep here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb