Family stuff & Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Durham County
May 13th 2008
Published: May 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's 10.30pm now and we've been up since 6.30am this morning, so I will keep this short and simple.

The last few days have been spent with loads of Adrian's family, most of the pictures were taken at Mandy's place about half an hour from Chester Le. Her place is gorgeous and backs into this lovely pathway leading to a farm with stream, sheep, and lots of beautiful greenery. They treated us to a traditional English meal of Yorkshire Pudding with meat and gravy which was quite nice actually. Once again, most of the family was there, and the weather was once again beautiful and sunny.

Yesterday, we had a fantastic day out with Joe (big joe and little joe), Sue, Carl, Mim, Jack and Elsie who showed us around where Adrian's mum and nan used to grow up and study. A lot of those places are now no longer there, so we had to take photos of vacant lots, but it was still interesting to see what it would have been like growing up here. Jack is such an animated man and so lovely to talk to.

Lastly, we got up early today and drove up to Edinburgh with Ron, stopped by a few places on the way including Berwick on Tweed, Holy Island and Banburgh Castle.. Edinbugh is stunning, and the weather was great. We were surprised how small the city actually is and easy to walk around.

Very tired now, so I'm calling it a day, hope everyone is well back home 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Lunch!!Lunch!!
Lunch!!

My first taste of Yorkshire Pudding
Ron & AdrianRon & Adrian
Ron & Adrian

Drinking again!!
FlowerFlower
Flower

Flower is covering my shot of Carl - or is Carl ruining my picture of the flower?
More FlowersMore Flowers
More Flowers

Mandy grows them big!
Throwing stonesThrowing stones
Throwing stones

Yes, Sue and Mandy are bad influences!
The other twinThe other twin
The other twin

I think this is Christian
Stream behind Mandy'sStream behind Mandy's
Stream behind Mandy's

I love this place!


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb