A day by the seaside


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Bournemouth
May 7th 2013
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.7178, -1.87943

Cornflakes with mandarins and a cup of tea was on the agenda for todays breakfast. Afterwards, Owen was kind enough to drop Grandad, Natalie and I into Bournemouth. We arrived in the city centre, by the gardens at around about 10am. We strolled through the lush green gardens, by a hot air balloon towards the shore. It was a picturesque beachfront, soft sand, an aquarium, shops and arcade. The key feature was the pier. The 60p entry fee was worth it for a stroll, sunbake in recliners, and views of the coast.From here we spent some time in the arcade. Nat braved a game of violent airhockey and won some candy, and Grandad persisted with a confusing slot machine game.We strolled back through the gardens via a small aviary. Lunch was Mcdonalds, and rest of the afternoon spent wandering the shops in Bournemouth. I made two thrilling purchases in socks and healing solutions for my battered feet. We considered venturing on to Poole but decided on calling it a day and caught to bus back to West Parley. Im now sitting at the same Sportsbar as last night with Nat and Grandad. Ive just polished off a rump steak and have a nice local pump ale. Wigan have just scored before half time and lead Swansea 1-0, much to Grandads dismay (for Sunderlands sake). Tomorrow I think we will likely head out to Poole to look around for our last full day here on the south coast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb