Welcome to Bournemouth !


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Bournemouth
April 13th 2013
Published: April 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Bournemouth !



As the United Kingdom is slowly recovering from one of its coldest and earliest winter offensive in almost a century, the single thought of walking in the surf on a warm summer day is enough to have us all dreaming about soft summer breezes.

I had not yet visited Bournemouth that I already loved it and I must say that I succumbed to the many charms of this famous Victorian Sea Resort which spreads over 7 miles of golden sandy beaches.

I arrived on the perfect summer day and found the beaches surrounding the Pier already very busy with cheerful sun bathers and swimmers and the sheer size of the 7 miles beach one can do exactly as one pleases with regards to finding the perfect spot !

The Bournemouth Pier is a very busy place with colorful arcades and outlets offering souvenirs, snacks and drinks.

If you wish to have a spot of lunch with a view, I warmly recommend the excellent Harbour Lights located at the top of the Waterfront Building which commends breathtaking views over the Pier and the surrounding beaches.

A visit to Bournemouth is not complete without discovering the famed beach huts which comes in an infinity of styles and colors ranging from rustic to luxurious and can be hired per day, week, month or even an entire season.

The Pleasure Gardens which link the beach to the town of Bournemouth offer a refreshing alternative to a hot summer day as one can sit under the shade of the centenary trees which spread over two miles of lush vegetation and water features.

The town of Bournemouth offers to the Shopper elegant arcades which shop caters for every taste.

I have loved every minute of my time in Bournemouth !



Karim


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb