Chagford to here.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Crediton
September 14th 2022
Published: September 14th 2022
Edit Blog Post

I know we are in Crediton but we walked to the middle of nowhere and were taxied here. The Contours people (the company we walk with had the directions mixed up, very unusual for them) and when I double checked with a local even she said ‘you’re in the middle of nowhere’ so it‘s been officially confirmed. We waited 35 minutes and only saw 3 people in that time so it certainly wasn’t Trafalgar Square!
Delightful day walking along streams and rivers, through fields and meadows, up hills and gorges, down lanes and paths and generally just enjoying ourselves. The moors are ancient history really (sorry to say) and it’s just pleasant Devonshire countryside. We are becoming so accustomed to the farms around here that I’m pretty sure that Julie even missed taking a couple of photos of a few cows. Strange I sort of felt sorry for them! The small villages here are super cute, numerous thatched homes and that cute chocolate box image we all have of quintessential English villages. Still the flags fly at half mast but then again the Queen is still dead so I should not be surprised.

Tomorrow we walk to a Morchard Bishop. It’s meant to be a lovely little village but again we don’t stay there. The now familiar taxi back to a bigger town comes into play again. As the walk there is relatively short we should have time to look around and see the sights.

I’ll download the photos and see you soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



15th September 2022

My Northcott ancestors...
lived in Chagford. I had a pleasant visit there in May 2019. The church is of particular interest.

Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb