Treak Cliff Cavern & the Snake Pass


Advertisement
Published: October 29th 2020
Edit Blog Post

As it was wet we spent the morning exploring Treak Cliff Cavern - one of the caves where they still mine Blue John stone. Due to covid they couldn't do the usual cave tours so instead we downloaded an app & were given our own starting time (at 10 min intervals from other people) to go on our own self-led tour. It worked very well and we had a lovely time poking around in our own time.
On the way out of the cave we found the cave spiders by the door although they proved rather difficult to photograph. There was a lovely view from the exit but then the heavens opened again to we ran inti the vesotor centre to look around the museum.
Ww thought of doing a short walk form the cottage, but the rain was only getting heavier there so we decided to try heading to the easten edge of the Peaks in case it was drier there. Whilst we arrived at Ladybower Reservior the sun was out but there the black clouds were heading our way so we decided instead to take a rain check on the walk & drive back to the cottage via the Snake Pass - since we hear about it in the travel news so much we thought we'd see what the all the fuss is about! Sadly the views were obscured by rain though. We headed out to the local pub that evening where I had local slow roasted lamb & Mark had steak - both incredible tasty meals! & my large glass of wine was nearly as big as my head!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Treak Cliff CavernTreak Cliff Cavern
Treak Cliff Cavern

This is where a new cutting technique was tested
The Seven DwarvesThe Seven Dwarves
The Seven Dwarves

Treak Cliff Cavern


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb