Road trip to Cornwall and Devon with the rents


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall
June 8th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


While we were in England for Joel's barmitzvah (mom, dad, and I) we went on a crazy road trip to the western tip of England which included Somerset, Devon and Cornwall. This was an amazing trip in which we made it to fabulous little towns, bays, and ports, having to drive through narrow hedges which would only permit one car at a time - thus speeding up a hedge at 50mph with a tractor headed your way is a NO GO!

We made it to the ruins of Tintagel which are also names Arthur's Castle - a 7th century castle built on the cliffs of Corwall layed out on a beautiful setting of green hills with a backdrop into the Atlantic. We stayed at B&B along the way in small little towns and my fathers favorite was in Exeter where there was mold growing everywhere, my sheets were smelly, and the wall paper was barely attached to the wall! My dad loved it so much I booked him a Ryanair flight back! Highly recommended - NOT!!

We also made it to the beautiful Lost Garden of Heligan - planted over many acres of land in the mid 19th century, and recently rehabilitated! Lots of amazing plants, flowers, and trees blossoming everywhere - with fresh herb and vegetable gardens, wildlife and much more.

But the best part of the trip was of course the company - it is impossible to explain but if you know us then you know our twisted humor and how we are able to entertain ourselves for hours on end!!

Lots of love from China at the moment!!

xoxoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



21st July 2009

wow! i love the place you've been to! hope to hear more of you and more amazing photos from you.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb