Penzance


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Penzance
July 18th 2014
Published: September 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

16thJuly

Departed Scilly Isles 0740. Phil had fun as he usually does pulling up the anchor, but this time it was more behaved. A nice sail across to Penzance, fairly light winds but we managed to sail all the way. Saw a couple of dolphins. We were too early for the lock opening, so we took up a mooring just outside. Boomerang boys were dropped off to our boat after they'd had an explore on land, so we had a video and dinner with them before the lock opened and we went into the 'inner harbour'. We are rafted up to other boats...four in fact and we're on the end. We have to climb across all four to then climb up a dodgy looking ladder to get ashore. However, we're only paying 15pound a night and the third night is free (providing you are staying on the boat – full price if you leave the boat for a night).



17th July

Walked around the town for an explore – lovely little town, actually quite big, lots of shops, places to eat, has a really nice feel about it. Met Boomerang for drinks.....which turned into dinner. Massive Thunderstorm came through so ….we had to stay at the pub longer. Heaps of lightning and thunder. Quite impressive, knew it was coming though, so were glad to be tucked up safe and snug in the lock.



18th July

On a whim this morning I phoned a car rental place to ask if they had a car available today for a few days. As luck would have it, they had one available at 1330 and we could have it at the 'weekend special' rate. That was from Fri to Mon for 45pound (I need to get the pound symbol on this computer!) So after a quick chat with Ant, we were Lanreath bound!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb