All Cornwall today. For a while Devon you’re out.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Boscastle
August 27th 2022
Published: August 27th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Near Boscastle anyway. Tomorrow we walk through Boscastle so that’s as close as the blog knows.

Bude to Crackington Haven was meant to be a bit shorter and a bit easier but it did not feel it. Certainly we finished before 4 o’clock but the walk was quite tiring and quite demanding. It’s taken 2 icy-poles and a swim to recover. We are in the local pub but things are busy here, we’ e met other walkers who could not find accommodation here and have had to catch a bus and/or taxi out to find accommodation somewhere. We know we pay for the service and that the prices have risen considerably over the years but that service has been dependable and gives us much peace of mind. The pub here is old but obviously some sections are a little more modern. The flooring to our room goes from slate to wood to carpet and is indicative of the ’plan’ (is there one?), the decor and the general ambiance.

Tomorrow we walk to Tintagel via Boscastle which should be good. Sorry Tony Woollcombe but Devon has disappeared (not disappointed) and we won’t be back until mid September.

Caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb