Dot & Ferrels


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire » Cambridge
August 3rd 2006
Published: September 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bowling ClubBowling ClubBowling Club

Me at the bowling club
Hey,

So Cherie and I decided to head out of the big smoke and go take in some of the rolling countryside.. So we headed to Kings Cross station and got completely overwhelmed by the departures lounge/area.. The photos will show you guys why.. That huge board was just in a little suburban station.. Well it was a really nice train ride down to Cambridge with lots of countryside and cows and stuff like that.. From Cambridge we got another train into Ely where Dot and Ferrel live.. When we got off the train we discovered that the weather had turned and it was absolutley freezing(and we hadn't brought any warm clothes with us!!) So we used that as an excuse and hit the shops.. we got some real bargains in ELY!!!
Ely was really lovely but the weather was terrible.. Dot and Ferrel took us to their local bowls club and showed us off to all their friends.. They stared at us so much we wondered if we had something in our teeth 😊 We visited the town Cathedral and that was about all.. Dot fed us up on home grown vegies and other great food.. The best bit of the trip though was the giant spa bath they have and how nice it was to relax in it.. Well enjoy the photos and we'll definately be heading back there for more great food and baths!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb