Cambridge


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire » Cambridge
June 24th 2006
Published: June 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Guys,

We have been having a fantastic time. Picked up the Hire Car from Paddington (Volkswagen Sharan 7 seater) - Go Mum!!! Nothing like naming a car after your mum!!! As there is 5 of us, we had some trouble getting a car that was going to be big enough for all of us, plus suit cases.

Trekked off to Cambridge and made our marks on the roads in the Sharan. The two and a half hour drive was very plesant and she handled very well on the road. When we arrived into Cambridge, we found a nice little B&B to stay in for the two nights that we were there. After arriving we made our way down to the canals and went for a guided tour around on a Punt!! WOW, what a fantastic way to kick back and see the sights. Sooo Relaxing, and an amazing view of all the university's in the area (Kings College, Queens College, Clare College... List goes on). Punting plays a large part of the tourism or Cambridge with the canals flowing through the main gut of the town.

After punting up and down the river, we took a few walks around the Colleges and checked out the MASSIVE cathedral in Kings College.. Westminster Abbey was fantastic, but this was spectacular!. Its great to be out of London after the time that we were there, and seeing the real countryside that England offers. Cambridge has a good vibe, and plenty of young people around, with all the colleges in the area. This time of the year, the universities are all completing their year end finals and graduations. Due to the intensity of the colleges and the expectations / competition of the students, they sure let their hair down during this period of celebration.

Whilst in Cambridge, I caught up with a mate Colin and his wife Natalie, who was my course leader from my previous trip to the UK in 99. It had been 7 years since we had seen each other, so there was plenty to catch up on, including the addition of his two beautiful daughters. Colin is the curate at the local anglican church here in Cambridge.

We have planned to stay here for two nights, and will be leaving for Birmingham to visit Rachel's brother Paul and his Finace Ele to assist with their wedding preperations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb