OMG we saw the Queen!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire » Cambridge
April 27th 2011
Published: May 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so some how my Grandma Paterson knew that the Queen was coming before anybody over here even knew. So I had the insider scoop. But since no one really knew about it, I thought it might be that she would go unseen. But, I had a good feeling so I dragged Colin into town to wander around like hunters on a mission. And didn't we find that there were a few too many police officers wandering around. I got up the courage to ask what was going on and they said, "The Queen's coming!"
So we made our way in the direction they pointed and there we asked another group where the best spot would be to stand. They so nicely told us exactly where to stand to get the first glimps as she would step out of her car right in front of us. So we were right there, listening to all the inside scoop. A nervous policewoman, in charge of opening the Queen's door was on standby. We got to easedrop on phonecalls about when she was coming. We saw the bomb dog come along, sniffing garbage cans and saying hi to any other dog he passed. And the Queen's own personnel with suits and those little ear things that run down into the collar of their jacket. It was all very exciting!

Then she arrived and I was able to walk along with her and snap pictures when ever she came to the side I was on. There weren't as many people as you'd think because it was kept so quiet. She was so petite and getting old but she still walked strong and smiled and listened to crazy people tell her silly stories. Everyone was applauding which was a bit strange but I guess what else do you do...lol Then she reached the end and vanished. She was in town for some anniversary stuff at Trinity College but also to finalize the plans for Will and Kate to be named Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

So thanks to my Grandma, we got the insider scoop. I wonder if she knows the upcoming lottery numbers? Or when Will and Kate will be stopping by for a visit?


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb