Cambridge


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire » Cambridge
March 20th 2006
Published: March 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On 24 February, Ver and I continued our excellent adventure and set off to one of the intellectual hubs of England, Cambridge. We were lucky enough to be invited to a formal dinner at Jesus College by Kate, Penny and Doug. We were thrown straight into the set of Harry Potter when we dined with Englands finest - in gowns and all! Interestingly, the cost of a 3 course dinner in the fine dining hall was only £5 each and there is a BYO policy so needless to say, Ver and I thoroughly enjoyed our heavily subsidised dinner experience.

After our 3 course dinner, we returned to our youth when we attended a jazz night at Kings College with all the privileged undergraduates - we felt about 100 years old although again made the most of student prices. As always, our night finished up at a fast food venue as the 3 course meal had long worn off, this time we challenged our livers to a famous Cambridge falafel, which was to die for (in more ways than one i suspect!).

The weekend also included some punting. what is punting you ask? well it is an age old past-time of travelling along the canels in a small canoe shaped boat using a long stick. Ver said this was quite an experience given the weekend temp high was 2 degrees in Cambridge.

ps/ a special thanks for Penny and David for letting us bunk in with them at College. We owe you




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb