Yippee we're off again (we hope)!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Buckinghamshire
February 3rd 2020
Published: February 3rd 2020
Edit Blog Post

With 12 hours til we go, we have been reading the previous blogs from our Patagonian adventure and wondering how this trip will be different....
Well, the main difference is that there will only be the two of us on this trip. Yes, Tiny Tim (our Tiny tent) is NOT coming with us this time. Call it fool-hardy if you like but it seems that Ecuador has plenty of hostels and plenty of people who might look kindly on a couple of old people with nowhere to stay. So GOOD RIDDANCE to Tiny Tim that's what I say!

Another difference will be that we will have lighter backpacks so we can walk even further and be even more joyful ....Jan's is currently 7.9kg and Pete's is 11.5kg. Jan has the empty water bottles, 3 pairs of knickers, her swiss army knife, compass and whistle. Pete has everything else. Seems fair.

Our only worry is that KLM suddenly seem to require a visa for us to enter The Netherlands, our first staging point. We are hoping this is a Blip of Brexit but we may be back home tomorrow if we cannot charm the gal on the desk in Schipol.

Our tails are up and our boots are dubbined!

See you on the other side ....

Advertisement



15th February 2020

Is Pete going commando for 2 months?
... conspicuous absence of detail about Pete’s under garments...

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb