Rain Delay


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Sion
July 23rd 2011
Published: July 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

VinyardsVinyardsVinyards

The mountain sides of the Rhone valley from Martigny to Sion are covered with grape vines.
Yep, once again we awoke to the pitter-patter, splash-splash of rain on the tent. Of course, we were warm and dry inside. Knowing that we had only 40 or so kms. to go today, we waited for the weather to clear a bit (only a bit) and did not leave the campground until around noon. By then, the rain had slowed to a drizzle; shortly after we started out, the rain stopped, and we stayed dry the rest of the ride!!!

With only a few moments of indecision about the route, we made it through the Rhone Valley to Sion and our Warm Showers host, Els, a physical therapis, born in the Netherlands, who is nursing a bad shoulder. She graciously welcomed us into her home, even provided a washing machine to get the grime out of the our clothes, and took us on a tour of the city -- the cathedral, the church, the castle, and the lovely pedestrian streets. A beautiful city surrounded by the magnificent Alps!!!

Right now, Els is cooking something that smells delicious and we are just enjoying the down time as we head for Grimentz tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Swiss Bicycle SignsSwiss Bicycle Signs
Swiss Bicycle Signs

Regional, Local, and National bicycle routes are signed like this throughout Switzerland.


Tot: 0.459s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb