to Switzerland for the big celebration


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Montreux
July 6th 2007
Published: February 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lake LemanLake LemanLake Leman

Chateau Chillon in the right side of the picture
After about 14 hours on trains we arrived at Lausanne. An almost instantaneous leap across the platform and our connection is underway along the northern edge of Lake Leman (Lake Geneva). We pass through Villeneuve (Red Bull Acro Competitions will be here in a month or so), on to Montreux, past the beautiful Chateau Chillon (on the banks of the lake) and finally arrive in Aigle around 8:30am.

Across from our hotel is a great little shop - a chocolatier. Breakfast calls. Walking back down the street we see a couple that look familiar (even though we haven't seen them for half a decade) - It's Jean Paul and Janine. So delighted to see them already. They are flat out with arrangements for the big day tomorrow. For the past week, all through Denmark and Germany (in the height of summer) rain has followed us, but now the sun is beginning to shine. Tomorrow will be another day...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

AigleAigle
Aigle

The excellent scenic views from L'Hotel du Nord. Our friends have filled the hotel with guests to the wedding (tomorrow)


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb