in lovely switzerland through the terraced mountains


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lausanne
July 19th 2013
Published: July 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we travelled vis train from rainy Torino to Milano Centrale to Lausanne. Just a word of warning, buy snacks and food before yiu get in the train, it is very expensive and not many options for choice. We paid CHF 11 for an expresso with creama and a dreadful sandwich which we had to take out the salmi which was then bread and butter. anyway, as Dale said move on.... But when we got to Lausanne and the very clean station, our hitel was right across the road, just needed to get to the right side first, which we finally did. The Hotel Contintentsal was so welcoming with the informative and warm reception staff Pascal, he shiwed us in the map the bestplaces to go and great advice. so after settling into our rooms across the hall from each other, girls and biys separated, off we went. The metro is so fast clean and efficient, really some lessons should be learnt from Melbourne trains. We got off at the end of the line by mistake, but asked directions by the friendly swiss and we bsck on track by the return train. agsin so effcient, even in peak hour, the train comes every 7 minutes if yiu miss one, not too long to wait. The centre of Lausanne the old city is beautiful with cobbled streets and lovely decorate architecture, we enjoyed strolling through the streets, discovering thr unique shops and viewing the local art exhibition and munching down on a pun et of fresh raspberries. Today off to Ouchy to the lake and swimming.

Advertisement



19th July 2013

looks like fun
Glad to see you're enjoying the trip, and some reliable trains must make a nice change. Love the blog posts!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb