Adventures in Interlaken


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
June 8th 2010
Published: June 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Baby Birds, I have somehow put you aside and have neglectedyour needs to hear from us and for that I apologize. I know your yearning and reliability on us but I just like to push the limits.

Last time we posted we were actually in Interlaken but if you read and you better have, with some waffle fries, we were actually in Interlaken. Currently, we are in Roma and have been walking through fields of wheat leaving the ranks of slave to one of the most beloved pair of brothers in rome. But back to the topic of this post, Interlaken. All we can say is that the Fisser Brothers got their adrenaline fix there but are starting to get the itch again...So back to the adventure, we arrived in Interlaken, population 5290, according to lonely planet, late night and hiked to Balmers, our hostel and center of Interlaken, with no one on the streets and mountains surrounding us, we felt home. Arrived and went to the bar to find the best bar, and pretty much only bar in Interlaken, is the lowest floor of our hostel. Once again, the party revovled around us, like usual. We woke up at the usual 10:30 to go and actually pay for our room and were asked politely if we wanted to do any adventure sports, yes we replied. By noon we were on a plane about to jump out. Thats Interlaken. We free fell for about 40-50 seconds over the beatiful swiss alps and swiss lakes, to land in the field where we took off. I was the first to jump, and it was simply amazing, doing a backflip out of the plane, then spinning while free falling then Hans, my tandem jumper, pulled the chute and then asked politely if I was sick, I wasn't so he pulled hard right andwe were literally upside down with my feet pointing to the sky, best time of my life...so far in this blog. Brandon was the last to jump and somehow got dropped from about 4 or 5 feet when landing, probably breaking his tail bone because it is still hurting him today, I am just laughing because he coughs then winces. Anywho, the celebration continued into the night and we woke up the next day and we went canyoning, rafting without a raft pretty much. And if you are looking for a hangover cure, jump into a glacier river, rappel anddo a couple of jumps, from about 15 feet into waterfalls and slide down chutes or just sleep and drink plenty of fluids, either one will probably work, I'd suggest doing the one that is most accessible to you. After the second best time of my life, we thought our wolf pack was at a steady two, but then in our room we thought this could be it, it expanded to eight, we had Mac (not the Mack Haisten) who was backpacking for seven months, and Mac if you are reading this Brandon has your swiss army knife, Chris graduate from MIT who had a start up, and Bread from Korea. And also we skydived with three guys from OU, Andy, Kyle and John. We also did some less adventurous things in Interlaken, like hike and eat thai food (which is always an adventure I'd say). The hike was to Harder Kulm (you can insert your own joke in here, sorry for the laziness) it took about 1 hr 40 min and was 1300 meters up and the views were just amazing. Interlaken is located between two lakes and we had a panaromic view of everything. Our last night was eventful, of course I mean we are Fissers, met some more canadiens and an Aussie, who loved to have a good time. When the bar closed, we hardcore parkoured, The Office Style mainly Andy Bernard style, to the only tiny casino. Entered and everyone proceeded to lose money except yours truly, once again I rain man'd the Swiss for their money. At the casino, we met two turkish guys, don't know why they were in Switzerland but we felt comfortable enough to have them show us the other bar in Interlaken where stories happened (if you want to know email or message me), trying to keep it PG for the youngens. But the best view we had of Interlaken was when we left around 5 from the bar and just could see everything perfectly. That was our Bar hopping Interlaken night. Oh and finally Brandon was called 'The Stereotypical Arrogant American' Boats and hoes.

PS Next post will be of our time in Cinque Terre and now we are headed to Venice . Boats and hoes

PSS Again with pictures to come, I apologize, Brandon is not ready to decide which pictures to post. And we still have to see the Pantheon before we leave to Venice. Boats and Hoes

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb