Black forest - Interlaken


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
July 2nd 2007
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Had a bit of sliced cold cuts and bread for breakfast as well as some strange chocolate chip cereal. We said our goodbyes to the younger and older spanish girls and made our way to the train station to head down towards switzerland. When we made it to the train station the departure list said a train was going straight to interlaken in like 30 mins from platform 3 so we dropped our bags and waited there for a while. The youngsters and teachers showed up after waiting about 20 minutes as they were taking a train someplace else from platform one. They kids shouted at us from across the tracks while they were waiting for their train and waved at us about 20 more times before leaving on their train shouting that they thought we were cute and giggling. It was pretty funny to have a group of about 30 little girls crushing on us. After they headed off we waited another 40 minutes or so wondering where the hell our train was until we realized that the departure list was actually for Frieburg so we actually had to catch a train there. We ended up waiting a total of like an hour and half to actually catch our train and then made a few more connections before making our way to interlaken. Interlaken was simply breathtaking. The city is sandwiched between two big blue lakes and is completely surrounded by huge swiss alps. The mountains were so close they looked surreal. It was likely the most beautiful landscape I had yet seen on this trip. We grabbed a quick city bus and found our hostel which was called the funny farm. Part of it was what looked like an old hotel and another building in the back was all dorms and a bit thrashed. The back building was where we found ourselves but it was actually a really cool building with random odd paintings and a really nice lounge room full of big couches to relax on. Switzerland looked like it was going to be a wicked time already, there were tons of young people and it had a crazy vibe about it. We dropped our gear and headed into town to get some beer and a bite to eat. We met a few girls while checking in and they joined us for a bit to find something. Oddly enough there was a hooters in the main part of the city which was the first I had seen in europe. It was a bit expensive but the girls wanted to eat there so we split and headed further into city where we found a pizza joint that ended up costing just as much. After a bite to eat we headed back to the hostel to start a bit of boozing. Jake and Josh ended up getting dragged into a game of beach volley ball that needed more people from the southern hemisphere to play some against some Americans. It was one of the worst games of volley ball I have ever watched. The Americans constantly were talking shit about how they were such a great team when both teams were actually terrible. The Americans were even doing dances somewhat like touchdowns in the NFL on most of the points they scored. The game actually almost broke out into a fight but ended with the American side winning by a small margin. After we went into the room with couches for a while and somehow a fake game of cricket turned into people jumping from the rafters onto mattresses. One of the drunkest aussies was actually jumping from about 10m at one point before everyone got kicked out of the room. We headed to a club that the hostel owned underground near the hotel part. The music was pretty awful in the club but I ended up meeting a girl from Minneapolis who oddly lives like 10 minutes from me. Left the club and chilled in the room with the couches with the girls for a while before heading to sleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb