Geneva


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva
June 24th 2008
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Friday 13th June

We arrived in Geneva around 2pm and went to our hotel (Best Western Strasbourg) which was close to the train station. Unfortunately Brenda’s teeth were quite sore so we needed to find a dentist open on Friday afternoon / night.

Our first attempt was a little comical, the closest emergency dental clinic recommended by the hotel concierge turned out to be a school dental clinic. Luckily the guy there was very good and recommend another clinic, made an appointment and told us how to get there.

That took up most of the night and we didn’t really feel like doing much sight seeing. The next day it we had a look around the lake and took the trams around town. One of the perks of the hotel was they gave us a pass for free public transport which worked very well.

It seems you could see the sights in a few hours so by 3 o’clock we were ready to board our train and head to Milan. The train to Milan was very scenic with snow on some of the mountains and the sun glistering on the lake as the train followed it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb