Road to Avully


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva » Cologny
August 5th 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Edmonton AirportEdmonton AirportEdmonton Airport

Our plethora of bags.
Well we arrived safely in Geneva and then drove a short distance to our new home town - Avully. I have to say that I like our new home. We have a fairly nice view looking out of our balcony window and right now birds are chirping in the background. It feels good to be here.

Anyways, here is some information about our travels up to this point. We arrived at Edmonton International Airport at 9:00 am Wednesday morning. We boarded flight AC 176 at gate 54, bound for Montréal. The flight was scheduled to depart at 11:20, but was 15 minutes late. I don't think that I have ever been on an Air Canada flight that was on time! As we were taking off, Isabelle joyfully exclaimed, 'I love airplanes, I love this!' She was excited to be on her first airplane ride.

Before we left on our flight, we had a little bit of a fiasco. I went out to the Saturn to weigh our suitcases and they were pretty much all over 50 lbs. So, after much thought, and a phone call to Air Canada, we realized that we were able to bring an extra carry
Edmonton AirportEdmonton AirportEdmonton Airport

Waiting to go to Montréal.
on. So, into this carry on went 20 lbs of shoes!

Here is a list of what we brought with us; 4 huge suitcases, my hockey equipment, a stroller, 2 car seats, a hiking backpack, a booster seat, a playpen, 3 personal bags and 5 carry on bags. It was so much stuff that we had were thinking of hiring sherpas to help us.

After arriving safely in Montréal, we boarded flight AC 830 to Geneva that was late by one hour. We finally left at 9:50 pm (Eastern Time). Isabelle found a little friend in the airport, who was 5, and reminded me of Ahmad. This little boy had the same zest for life. The boy was saying, 'encore' and 'saute,' which are new words for Isabelle. This is just the start of Isabelle's French learning curve.

Lastly, we arrived in Geneva at noon yesterday. We are just settling into our new place. We will probably drive around today and check things out.

This is my first ever blog post, so hopefully all goes well.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Edmonton AirportEdmonton Airport
Edmonton Airport

Waiting to go to Montréal.
Airplane to Geneva.Airplane to Geneva.
Airplane to Geneva.

Isabelle getting ready to have a good sleep.
Knocked out!Knocked out!
Knocked out!

Isabelle and Myles finally asleep on the way to Genva.


5th August 2011

way to blog, Jarod!
Hi Jarod - I'm glad you'll be blogging! Can't wait to hear how things go for you guys! You'll all be in my prayers as you settle in. :)
5th August 2011

Luggage....
It is hard to pack for a year. Sounds like you did well. I am glad you arrived save and sound and ready to embark on this great adventure of a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the blog comments as they are great!
5th August 2011

How exciting!!!
So excited for you and your family... enjoy your adventures... take lots of pictures... and see you next year!!
5th August 2011

Hi guys, I was excited to see you have a blog set up! Can't wait to see all the updates and hear how everything progresses. Love the pictures too. So sorry we missed you on Monday. We will skype soon! Lots of love, Dani and Vaughan
8th August 2011

I can't believe Avery let you bring your hockey equipment. That is awesome! When I saw your bag in the picture I just assumed it was filled with clothes.

Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb