Day 1


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Engelberg
May 24th 2009
Published: May 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

At the Houston airport, the first customer service I noticed was the 1st guy at the sercurity check-in. He was very poliet, and asked me about my trip and school. At the airport in Newark the shop attendees weren't friendly but they weren't rude either. On the flight the flight attendents were for the most part very nice and catered to any need that I asked for. On the longer flight I thought maybe the flight attendents would start to get tired/annoyed but they seemed to give just as good customer service as when the flight started. The airport in Zurich was very different from the Houston airport. First, it was far less crowded than Houston. It almost felt as if we were the only people in the airport. Also, the sercurity measures didn't seem as strict as in Houston. Since we weren't at the Zurich airport as long as the others, I did not really come into contact with any of the airport workers to experience service. The one person that I did come in contact with was the man who stamped my passport, and he was short and to the point. When we ate lunch at a little kabob place in Zurich the workers were very nice and patient with us. They helped us out as much as they could with describing the menu and seemed to take a little bit of pleasure in watching us try to figure it all out. While waiting for the rest of the group at the meeting spot today, a few of us deceided to sit down, because we were tired from all the traveling. After about 3 mins of sitting the police came up to us and were speaking harsh german to us. We explained that we couldn't understand them and they made hand gestures to say "stand up". We were not aware that you were not allowed to just sit down. Zurich was beautiful and definatley different from any place I have ever been. The 1st day of the trip was a success!! Can't wait to see what the rest of the trip has in store!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb