Lyon to Etoy and Switzerland day trip


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Aubonne
June 23rd 2018
Published: June 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Lyon to Etoy


Yes time for us to change countries - Switzerland here we come.

The only stop today is in Geneva where we planned to picnic on the waters edge. Geneva is a welcome relief with a lot less smoking and a clean atmosphere, we found a park on the waterfront and parked in the underground car park. After lunch we decided to have a walk, Clarke went shopping, and Rose and I walked along the waterfront, looked at all the fancy cars coming and going at the Four Seasons, stopped and had an ice cream at Movenpicks, as big a rip off as Australia. After Geneva we headed to Etoy our home for the next 2 nights. A nice little town with friendly locals at the local pub and a nice apartment. Dinner tonight is the real reason that we are in Switzerland - yes hot bubbling goodness (Fondue).

The next day saw us up and out to get down to Lausanne for a 9:30 boat departure, which we missed as we went to the address on their website, not where the boats leave from. Oh well, the next boat was 11:00 and we had a coffee, moved the car and looked through a little farmers market.

We are crossing the boarder (Lake) into France for a walk around Evian Les Bains, the originating place of Evian bottled water. After disembarking from the boat we decided to walk up a street and stumbled on the "Funiculaire Evian", a free cable car that takes you up to the top of Evian Les Bains. As this was the last run before lunch, we decided to go straight back down. Once finished on the cable car we found a great Restaurant for lunch and then walked to the Evian original source spring and fill our water bottles up. It was now time to walk back to catch the ferry home and back to Switzerland and a wonderful meal cooked for us by Clarke from items purchased at the farmers market, what a life we have.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb