My first Swiss adventure


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-East » Lugano » Gandria
June 22nd 2011
Published: June 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day that my group had to plan a trip outside of Lugano. It went well, except for the fact that we never found what we were looking for. The group had varying opinions on what we wanted to see which included a hike, a lake,and churches. We found this hike online called the Chestnut trail which included a lake and church along the way...which we thought was perfect! However, we never found the trail head, so we just hiked a random road. It was neat though because all the houses you come across up in the mountains are apparently self-sustaining with farms and solar panels for energy. We started in Aroso at a small church and just walked around. The buildings are probably older than the constitution and there is an ancient church with beautiful sounding bells. The graveyards in Switzerland are especially beautiful. Apparently people rent the plots, which means that if you don't have a family member continuing to pay for the plot, they dig it up and rent it to someone else. This results in some plots having 6 or 7 generations buried in the same plot, just to keep it all in the family. After the hike we went to lunch in a posh town along the water called Morcorte, and it was beautiful but getting there was scary. The driving here is insane. The roads are SUPER narrow and all switchback, so you can never really see what is around the corner. However, people drive quickly and un-apologetically.

The students arrive on Saturday, and I'm looking forward to it. However, Chris and I will probably have an even more difficult time seeing each other once the students get here, but the time will go faster.

Love to all, enjoy the photos!

Andrea



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd June 2011

Looks like you are having a blast...thanks for the photos! I'm conducting at the Yellowstone Music Camp and will be home on Sat....very weak band, but wonderful kids. Keep sending photos..their great. LG

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb