Lucerne!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
April 28th 2007
Published: April 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Trip So Far



Trip So Far
Matthew Feben
After what was the longest trian ride that we have had so far.....12 hours later after a change of trains in Munich and in Zurich we finally arrived in Lucerne. After the short walk to our hotel we checked into our room that was no larger than my bedroom and then went and got an 11pm dinner.......(do not eat maccas in Switzerland.......12 bucks for a meal). Afterwards we were all pretty tired after a long day so we all went straight to bed.

The next day we had a walk around the town...down along the canal and the lake as well as seeing the two old wooden bridges that cross the canal. We checked out what appeared to be a castle that overlooked the town....we had to catch a funicular up there but chose to do something healthy and walk down. The castle turned out to be a nice hotel and restaurant but did give some nice views of the city and the lake. After lunch the girls found their way into he boutiques and shop....while me and muy sat outside.........for 4ö minutes. That night we decided to hit the town as it was a saturday night.... after a bottle of vodka and malibu between us we found a pretty a club similar to that at home. After a few too many smirnoff vodkas and malibu shots (Muz) we stumbled in the door at about 4am.

Although the after effects of the night before were still well and truely with us we rose at 9am and ventured towards Mt Pilatus.....the tallest mountain that overlooksd the town. After catching the bus there were boarded the cable car that took us to the summit. The weather was very overcast (much like myself) so it was hard to gain a good view of the town but there were some breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. After the odd snowball being thrown we caught the train down the other side and made our way home to bed.

Seeing our final day in Lucerne was nice and sunny we took a paddle boat out on the lake and had a swim and a picnic. The lake was cool but was very refreshing. The next day was only a short trip to Munich and more impotantly BEER.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



6th May 2007

an Eggy beard - oh my!
mate, great work on the facial hair? how's it working for ya? trip seems to be going well, jealous. not missin much back here. keep on enjoyin ya self mate and i'll talk to ya soon. - benny

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb