Until Next Time


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
November 4th 2006
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are sad to say it's our last day in Switzerland. BK and CK have been such wonderful hosts to us. We have really enjoyed our time here, the places we've seen, and all of the people we have met. Two Octobers in a row we've had excellent weather in the mountains and spectacular fall foliage - incredible! Having a home away from home and friendly faces in Zurich to recharge our batteries really keeps us going.

It was such a lovely afternoon that we decided to take the Dolderbahn (cogwheel train) up to the FIFA sports complex. We were too late to rent golf clubs for the driving range, but were lucky enough to arrive just in time for a ladies figure skating exhibition. I wish I could be that graceful on the ice (or off for that matter)! After that we were inspired to do some skating ourselves at the adjoining public rink. The hits just kept on coming with "Hot, Hot, Hot", steel drum music, and several numbers from "Grease" on the playlist. Great fun!

After a disappointing failed attempt to get tickets to see the Borat movie, we ended up at a brewery for dinner where we had delicious pot pies. As a thank you to our hosts, we got them a 2 L jug of the house beer which they can bring back to have refilled anytime, which will probably be often since the pub is strategically located near CK's office!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Alps Over ZurichseeAlps Over Zurichsee
Alps Over Zurichsee

It's a bit rare to see all the way to the Alps from Zurich.


6th December 2006

Refills
Are the refills free???!!!
6th December 2006

Refills...
No, they're not free, but they're cheaper than anything else you can find in Switzerland, and they brew it there themselves. It's something like $50 for the pitcher and $10 to fill it or something. I asked the guy at the restaurant whether we could get it filled and drink it there, but of course no, it's only for "takeaway".

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb