First week of the season


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Baden
December 23rd 2005
Published: January 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Head wound 1Head wound 1Head wound 1

This is after the accident, and after washing the blood off once!!
So the first week of the season…..

Well the journey out really started to go wrong even before we woke up as the alarms didn’t go off and it was only by luck that we woke up at all, then the taxi we’d booked didn’t turn up so we had a bit of a dash to get to the train station with our tenth of a ton of gear!

Then once at the airport we got royally stitched up by Easyjet and told our board bags were included in our 20kgs each weight allowance, hence we were 60kgs over….. at £5 a kilo, you do the maths! Then to top it all after 12 hours of travelling we got off at the wrong station in Davos and had to wait around for an hour for the next train, it was all worth it though as we have the most awsome rustic chalet to live in for the season. Each with our own big rooms, wood through out, just awsome!

Plus there’d been half a meter of snow fallen in the two days previous so it was that we got on with the season. Day 1 went like a
Head wound 2Head wound 2Head wound 2

My hair was so matted with blood they had to put me in the shower in the hospital to wash it off!
dream getting back into it. Day two saw a steady morning then an afternoon with our housemates (a snowboard instructor/guide and an ex British big air champ turned instructor) who took us on some amazing off-piste, some of which I better add I’m not fit or good enough to be riding……yet!

So we headed off for quite a steep bit of powder, something I’d ridden before when crash -bang - blue - white - blue - white, another crash, this time thought I’d picked up a 5 inch ‘v’ shaped gash in my scalp and a trip to the local hospital for 15 stitches. There should be some photos attached.

So that was it for a few days, doctors orders. After a few days I was back on the slopes this time with a helmet.

And that’s it. Off to St Gervais in France to me my parents and Anna for Christmas.

Take it easy

Si



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Head wound 3Head wound 3
Head wound 3

Sadly they didn't need to shave the area, so this is the best photo we have of the 14 stitches.
Traveling to DavosTraveling to Davos
Traveling to Davos

Here I am, with our tenth of a ton of gear, travelling to Davos, this was taken very early in the morning.
RidingRiding
Riding

My first day back after the accident, looking for more powder.


10th January 2006

Ohhh Broken Fish
Ohhh little Fish!! You silly Fish!! Did your brain leak out?? Oh actually thats not possible because you obviously left it sitting inside your helmet in your room!! On saying that.........impressive injury!!
10th January 2006

Ouch!
damn that looks painful Si.... have you had the stitches out yet?
13th January 2006

Blonde /redhead Fish
Fish You have entertained the entire office with these fab photos. I hope you weren't spinning on chairs that night. Hope you are ok. Do we need to send Geoff Moody over to carry out a work place risk assessment? Either way should I get Millie to put an order in for personal protective equipment?? I cant believe we didn't send a hard hat out with you. Look after yourself, as your looks wont last forever and one day you may have to rely on your brain to earn you a living!!!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb