Scandanavian Tour


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
August 23rd 2017
Published: August 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hi all! We followed the truckers advice and we're having a great ride. We're on the E45. Great scenery, good road, and not much traffic. Weather is still challenging, mist and showers most days and it's cool, low 50's and the report for tomorrow is a high of 47. But we're so happy to be away from the E4.

This morning we were riding along and saw a sign for a campground and cafe so we rode down a dirt road for 300 meters and around a bend saw a number of kennels and various breeds of sled dogs. We pulled into the cafe and it was all about mushing. We had a great cup of coffee and talk with one of the owners. She and her husband are from Switzerland and wanted someplace with more space and a longer winter with more snow to run their dogs. Population density and climate change drove them to northern Sweden. She was very talkative. We heard all about mushing and their passion for it, about the history of the E45, (built up by the Germans to invade Russia along with the railroad that runs parallel to carry supplies). The impact of climate change on their lives, about the culture shock that comes with a move to a new place, and more!!! It was really fun and interesting but we finally had to move along. It's unexpected encounters like that, that makes traveling so interesting!

So southward we continue on!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb