"Tastes like dirt"


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
July 9th 2011
Published: July 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Toga toga! Toga toga! Toga toga!

Toga party last night. Had to get a group picture!
This past week has been very hectic! Between lectures each morning, trekking into the wilderness each afternoon, and partying in togas, we are glad for a free day today. We have learned a ton about Swedish forestry in the past week. We even tasted some organic matter (aka dirt) to see how much sand was in it in order to determine the history of land where the forest was. Rebecca's reaction to Mats (Swedish professor) eating the dirt: "WHY are you eating that??" He then hands her a chunk of the matter to taste for herself and she passes me my own lump. My reaction: "Tastes like dirt."

Last night the group celebrated by having a toga party. We threw around some other theme ideas, but considering the only other theme we could actually dress up for would be a hiking themed party, we went with the togas. We spent today being lazy and catching up on sleep. There was an organ concert in the local church played by a girl with super hot pink dreads that passed a couple hours of our time.

We're waiting around now for dinner to be ready. We're grilling out since it's our last night in Skinnskatteberg for a while. Tomorrow we're off to bigger places...literally!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb